Body Lift question.

LokelYokel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m new here. My 1023 is sitting in Yermo waiting on the EUC process.
Id like to put 40’s on it. I was told a three inch body lift will do the trick.

I just want to clarify: Ive seen guys on YouTube adding three inches to the gas tank straps. Could somebody confirm that they are putting either a three inch block on top of the factory block or installing 4 inch blocks?

oh, one more thing….in the video of mine running….I could see that the AC pump was kicking on and off excessively. Is that likely a new AC pump and attached electrically engaged pulley or something upstream in the wiring that commands that pump on and off?

thanks!
Justin in Vermont

Mullaney

Supporting Vendor
I’m new here. My 1023 is sitting in Yermo waiting on the EUC process.
Id like to put 40’s on it. I was told a three inch body lift will do the trick.

I just want to clarify: Ive seen guys on YouTube adding three inches to the gas tank straps. Could somebody confirm that they are putting either a three inch block on top of the factory block or installing 4 inch blocks?

oh, one more thing….in the video of mine running….I could see that the AC pump was kicking on and off excessively. Is that likely a new AC pump and attached electrically engaged pulley or something upstream in the wiring that commands that pump on and off?

thanks!
Justin in Vermont
Welcome to the outfit LokelYokel !

Not a lot of answers I can give you, but there are a crowd of people here who know more. One suggestion might be that the refrigerant charge is on the low edge of not enough. Cycling off and on is one possible symptom.

Be sure to snap and post some pix when your truck arrives!

LokelYokel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thought! That may be the problem. I will certainly post a pic. Can’t wait to get it, but going to be a while.

Lothar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, my truck has 3 inch body lift with 38" tires and in rough terrain the rear tires will bottom out in the center of the fenders. The fronts also rub when crawling over terrain. I plan to get a slightly smaller diameter once these wear out. You will probably be fine on the street but I doubt you will be happy off road. Good luck.

*edit*
My truck is also loaded down with much more weight than most so there is that to take into consideration.

Last edited:

LokelYokel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lothar, are your blocks a total of three inches tall? Or did you put three inch blocks on top of the factory blocks? Any problems with your fuel tank straps? Thanks for your comment.

Mogman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You also need to modify the steering shaft opening in the body, I did a 2" lift and this was necessary so for sure on a 3" lift, on the 2" lift body mount mods were also needed so the fuel tank fill pipe can clear

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks