• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Body Lift question.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just thought I would throw this out in this thread ( it really doesn't matter at this point since michigan don't allow HMMWV's)
but michigan has a 2 inch max body lift law . I'm sure that other states have similar laws , so this should be factored in what your state law is
and stay within it , to prevent more negative focus on HMMWV's by the powers that be.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just thought I would throw this out in this thread ( it really doesn't matter at this point since michigan don't allow HMMWV's)
but michigan has a 2 inch max body lift law . I'm sure that other states have similar laws , so this should be factored in what your state law is
and stay within it , to prevent more negative focus on HMMWV's by the powers that be.
Thank GOD for Texas, these are the only laws pertaining to body/suspension lifts, this does not apply to "auxiliary" lighting.

The headlamps must be mounted between 24 and 54 inches from the ground, the taillamps between 15 and 72, and the foglamps between 12 and 30.

Here is a link to a list by state

EDIT, this is a 2000 list so if you live in a commie state you may want to double check.

Agelai

Get some
Thank GOD for Texas, these are the only laws pertaining to body/suspension lifts, this does not apply to "auxiliary" lighting.

The headlamps must be mounted between 24 and 54 inches from the ground, the taillamps between 15 and 72, and the foglamps between 12 and 30.

Here is a link to a list by state

EDIT, this is a 2000 list so if you live in a commie state you may want to double check.
amen. Florida is the same. Lift it to the sky. My Ram is lifted 6 inches with 37’s. And I want to go higher. Do those states stop the guys that are scraping the ground with their fart cans on the back?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
amen. Florida is the same. Lift it to the sky. My Ram is lifted 6 inches with 37’s. And I want to go higher. Do those states stop the guys that are scraping the ground with their fart cans on the back?
Well in Texas the lowest portion of the vehicle cannot be lower than the bottom of the rim, of course there are plenty of tire/rim combinations that have very little rubber between the rim and the ground.

LokelYokel

The problem with the fuel pipe is the body mount will be in the way, I will post a picture of what I had to do to make it fit, you also have to drop the fuel tank 2",, I used 2" square tubing for the spacers and cut and extended the straps.
I cannot speak on the shifter extensions as I was installing a Duramax so all the shift stuff had to be custom made.
View attachment 866852
View attachment 866853
You can see how I trimmed back the body mount to clear the fill pipe
View attachment 866854
View attachment 866855
Good stuff! Appreciate your getting back to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks