• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Body Man advice needed.

citizensoldier

I am going to replace some cab corners on one of my M1028s. I am not the best welder and am used to working with WWII and M37 thicker metal. First question- Is one brand of patch panel better than another? Quality and thickness? Been checking ebay and other internet sites and finding lots to choose from.
Also I am considering the body epoxy instead of welding. 3M the best stuff? Any tricks to a nice successful long lasting job? This lickem and stickem is a whole new thing for me.

zout

You can make your own seams on the edges to underlap your old metal for one so the seams turn out even with each other.

WHen you layer your epoxy - do so in thin coats - then level out - blow out - layer again to make your final smooth coat.

There is an air tool that punches 1/4 in ch holes and other side of the head of the tool is this seamer.

Add some pics on your work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks