• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Body Parts for M1009

deepseamax

I just bought an 85 M1009, It runs great, drivetrain is great. However.. Its got alot of cancer around the wheel wells, door rockers and rear bumper where the tailgate bolts to the frame. I have been looking on the internet for the misc aftermarket body panels and there are parts out there I can get to replace the rusted parts with (fairly inexpensive). If the rest of the truck weren't in as great a shape I wouldnt even bother trying to fix the rust. But I'm not in a position to buy a donor and build one solid CUCV at the moment so I'm gonna rely on my previously acquired bodywork and welding skills to fix the rust spots here and there. Does anyone know who in perticular I can buy aftermarket body replacement parts from? Thanks

Max

OL AG '89

LMC is good start, but their prices are a little on the high side
do a search and you will find several threads that give more sources.
the M1009 is a K5 blazer, search the web with that as well.

HAWKMAN

Don't know about shipping but I have a rust/rot free body I was going to build a truck for myself with but I would part with it. PM me for details if interested.

txmytx_catahoula

Body parts/repair panels,for 80's model Chevy's are fairly easy to find. The parts are, for the most part reasonable, it's the shipping costs that kept me from ordering them. $28 for a front feeder well, $120 for shipping. I finally found a local source and now the $28 part cost $28+ tax!!!