• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

body parts: windshield to back bar over the doors

OutpostM37

Can anyone provide some pics of the curved metal pieces that run from the front windshield to the rear bar over the doors on the M37? I need both left and right pieces for my canvas top to fit/attached properly. These are available online (used). I have a hard time coughing up $200 with shipping for these parts when the whole vehicle cost $800.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can send you some photos of those pieces if you PM me your direct email.

These trucks (M37 & M42, M43) used to be cheap, disposable beaters. Logging companies, mining companies and farmers / ranchers used to buy them cheap and beat them to death. They are not cheap anymore, the parts have dried up, and since there are fewer and fewer of them around, they have become "collectable". There are very few "cheap" parts and also very few "parts trucks". Shipping will also be a killer; oftentimes more expensive than the parts.

If you got a truck that even runs for $800 you got a steal. Expect to spend some money if you are planning on even a superficial "restoration". This is not going to be a "cheap" vehicle. Those days are long gone.

Good Luck with your project!

FrankUSMC

Wrong side of the country, I have two complete parts trucks here, one with a 0 miles french rebuilt motor in it, the other also has a french rebuilt motor but do not know the miles on it, with titles for $1000 for both. They are on the land my ex is getting, need gone. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FrankUSMC you prove my point. I would buy those trucks right now and send you the money anyway you wanted.....EXCEPT... the shipping would be thousands of dollars to me from North Carolina.

Sad and frustrating!

Capehenery

FrankUSMC I know this is an old thread but do you still have the parts trucks?
Wrong side of the country, I have two complete parts trucks here, one with a 0 miles french rebuilt motor in it, the other also has a french rebuilt motor but do not know the miles on it, with titles for $1000 for both. They are on the land my ex is getting, need gone. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks