• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bodywork - replacement sheet metal gauge?

nudewheeler

Howdy Folks -

Planning some body work on the 1984 M1009 this weekend. Removing some cancer from the tailgate (exterior sheet), and patching some holes in the bed behind the wheel well.

What gauge sheet metal are these sections from the factory?
Is the same gauge a valid replacement for these sections of the M1009? If not, any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

danny81

I'm not 100% but I think its mostly 18 gauge sheet metal. There are some blazer tailgates on flebay for a decent price, That's the route i'm going because of all the bondo in mine.
Also summitt carries GoodMark body replacement panels that make these jobs easier for me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks