• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bogert jack, storage location??

Mario

I did get one. Seems like a nice stable jack.
It is very stable -- a lot more so than Hi-Lift.

I've used Hi-Lift for years in my rock crawling days.
For me, I never break down (tire flats or other repairs) on flat, semi-level ground.
Because of that, the jack that goes under the truck has limited appeal.
On HMMWV the shackles that are on the front and rear fit Hi-Lift perfectly.
Added benefit of Hi-Lift ORK make it an easy choice for me.

ohiohmmwv

I wonder if the bogert company ever made anything to bolt this down for storage. I checked out their video but I'd didn't see anything where they actually removed it from the truck.

Wire Fox

I wonder if the bogert company ever made anything to bolt this down for storage. I checked out their video but I'd didn't see anything where they actually removed it from the truck.
I really don't know the dimensions on these...do they feasibly fit in the rear seat boxes? I'm thinking they're too big, but I could be wrong.

ohiohmmwv

I really don't know the dimensions on these...do they feasibly fit in the rear seat boxes? I'm thinking they're too big, but I could be wrong.
Yup, way too big. I just figured these trucks have either a mount or footman loop setup for everything that ever went into the hmmwv along with a nice labeled sticker or two but there doesn't seem to be anything specific for this jack(just the bag). Strange since you really don't want 80lbs worth of metal jack just sliding and bouncing around in the back of the truck.

dilvoy

These jacks came out for use on the ECV and REV Humvees and both of those have a strong partition behind the passenger compartment so no need to worry about the jack as long as it is in the rear compartment.

rcamacho

Old thread alert.
M1151a1. Looked at TM9-2320-387-10 and did not see the Bogert jack referenced anywhere in the load out instructions. I'll likely strap it down in the rear cargo area. I do not as yet have the rear partition in place so will take some care to ensure that this heavy gear does not come loose in an event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks