• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bolt holes 2 large or missing the treaded inserts on the windshield/B pillar for top rails supports

tbeson

Trying to install my roof side rails on my M1123 to install new 4 man top and the Windshield and B Pillar holes are to large, both sides are missing the treaded nut inserts. Has any one been able to make or has anyone been able to fill in the holes to make new treated inserts work?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree with action, they are supposed to be wellnuts, not rivnuts for those spots.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to a really good old fashioned have everything you need store and they didn’t have the right size wellnuts. They were close but I ended up getting mine from Mac, Kascar, or hummerpartsguy. Sorry I can’t remember. I never could get my 4 man rail to sit flush with the A,B,and C pillar and my xdoor wouldn’t close right.

Action

interesting.. my 998 has rivnuts in all those locations.. Did they move to well nuts on later models ????
I thought they used wellnuts so there would be the slightest bit of movement when the body flexes. But, i cant see the top of a-pillar getting closer to top of c-pillar while off road.
i would check my old paper parts book, if i knew where it was.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks