• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bolts Securing Bed to Frame

BTC70

In the process of putting my truck back together. One problem I've found is that the bolts securing the bed to the frame that came off the truck are in pretty bad shape (in one case it had to be cut off). I'm having trouble finding the right bolts. Lots of people out there selling kits for the 1/2-3/4 ton trucks, but I haven't found any for the K30s.

Anyone got a suggestion?

Zenk

I bought all my bed carriage bolts at Lowes. I think I paid around $25 for the entire set. You will notice that the front bolts (close to cab) go through steel pipe to prevent the frame from crushing when tightening them down. I had Lowes custom cut pipe to length to replace them also.

BTC70

How would the LMC bolts fit right? There's no difference shown between C, K, 10, 20 or 30 and the frames are different. I can understand the C10, C20, K10, and K20 possibly using the same bolts on the long beds, but the 1 ton frames are a couple of inches taller in the middle. I wouldn't think those bolts would go all the way through to the bottom of the frame.

BTC70

I looked into some other carriage bolts. So far, the carriage bolts I've found with the same size square under the head appear to be smaller in diameter to begin with and are also threaded the whole length, making them even weaker by comparison.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks