• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bone head award

moriboy

So you can see from the pics that I am short one clutch lever arm (functioning that is). A few weeks ago while adjusting my valves, I accidentally took the lever out with my size 12 boot. I have looked around a bit for a replacement, haven't been able to locate one. Also toyed around with maybe brazing it, but I'm guessing it might break again when needed most. If anyone has a spare lever laying around, I'd glady give you a few bucks for one. I apologize if this is not posted in the proper place (classifieds?) Thanks!

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Hey Brian, White Owl may have them available. They always seem to have all those hard to find or I need it now parts:
White Owl - Home Page
George is awesome to deal with.
I got my bonehead award from not putting the piece of plywood in front of my radiator before tilting it forward. I'm a bonehead because I thought about doing it just minutes before the tilt.

91W350

I earned my bonehead award a couple of weeks ago. I was using the deuce for air in the yard and had the throttle set around 1800 rpm, I climbed in and put it in second gear, just as my muddy foot slipped off of the pedal. I think my second gear key is now two keys, one half in the shaft and one half in the gear. I have a transmission purchase and swap headed my way.

youngunbd

muddy feet are dangerous! i ended up standing on the ground facing in the opposite direction i had just been sitting in the drivers seat.... dont ask... but boy oh boy can I run in work boots when need be :roll:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I got mine when I didn't chock the work deuce and it rolled into the front of my big van trailer.....new radiator, hood, grill and side panels for the deuce.....new glad hands for the van. Dumb can be expensive.:roll:

DieselBob

I got mine when I didn't chock the work deuce and it rolled into the front of my big van trailer.....new radiator, hood, grill and side panels for the deuce.....new glad hands for the van. Dumb can be expensive.:roll:
I don't feel so bad now. Was changing fuel filters on the deuce today and went to tighten the alternator and snap. Broke the ear on the alternator. :roll:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dumb can be expensive.:roll:
Yep. I burnt up a $95 genny VR yesterday. I was real butt hurt about that. What really pisses me off is I bought a spare for that very contingency but left it at my cabin 200 miles away where I had the genny for a while. Cost more to drive down there than to... buy another one.

joshs1ofakindxj

I'm always careful when standing up after crawling out from under the deuce, but then I forget I left a cab door open or the tailgate down and stand up right under that. WTF :mad:

I was swapping out a transmission in the rain and the mud, I stood with just my toes on the drive's side step and ended up slipping off and scraping my shin almost down to the bone... Yeah muddy boots are no fun. :mad:

moriboy

Hey Brian, White Owl may have them available. They always seem to have all those hard to find or I need it now parts:
White Owl - Home Page
George is awesome to deal with.
I got my bonehead award from not putting the piece of plywood in front of my radiator before tilting it forward. I'm a bonehead because I thought about doing it just minutes before the tilt.

Thanks Mike, I contacted white owl and they had one of these.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks