• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boomerang Sniper Detector

bugei

google "gun fire detector" and you will see that alot of cities in the u.s. already are using this technology along with their video surveilliance stuff. BBBIIIIGGG brother lives

tjcouch

I got the impression from the TV show that the White House lawn is sprinkled with these . . . the show was about the Secret Service.

And I bet much of that $10K is not for the hardware, but the software development. (I am actually quite surprised they are that inexpensive!)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are kinda like $5000 Toilet Seats and $7500 Hammers.... neither the Hardware nor the Software is that expensive, but the spec writing, R&D, field testing, bid proposals & competition, quality rejection rates etc, etc, etc, PLUS miscellaneous Goober-Mint Red Tape jack the price up to $10K (or more) per unit. aua IMHO

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
They are kinda like $5000 Toilet Seats and $7500 Hammers.... neither the Hardware nor the Software is that expensive, but the spec writing, R&D, field testing, bid proposals & competition, quality rejection rates etc, etc, etc, PLUS miscellaneous Goober-Mint Red Tape jack the price up to $10K (or more) per unit. aua IMHO
also the specs are written so only one compeny can meet those specs and thus get the "bid" pretty much at the price thay went

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks