• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Booster pump

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replace your fuel filters and it will become apparent why the in tank pump is needed.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, 5psi from the in tank pump and the IPs booster pump increases line pressure up to 60ish psi. Then the hyd head increases the psi into the thousands of lbs range.

pigpen60

Well I did the fdc delete because I'm making oil. I guess I'll order the seal kit for the booster pump. The flame heater will most likely be removed in the process. If I end up in hydraulic head land I'm screwed. My back and legs are keeping the pill companies solid so if I sound like I'm on drugs its because I'm on drugs! Tom/pigpen60

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Well I did the fdc delete because I'm making oil. I guess I'll order the seal kit for the booster pump. The flame heater will most likely be removed in the process. If I end up in hydraulic head land I'm screwed. My back and legs are keeping the pill companies solid so if I sound like I'm on drugs its because I'm on drugs! Tom/pigpen60
Drain your oil, bypass fdc, remove flame heater, let oil drain until it won’t drain anymore then turn power switch on for 1 minute. DONT crank engine, turn switch off and see if fuel is pouring out of your oil drain holes and report back

rustystud

Honestly, pull the ip if you need to do booster pump work. Imho, its harder to get to than the hyd head.
Totally agree !! You will have to move the engine from the frame to pull out the booster pump. A lot of work. There are a ton of posts on removing and installing the injection pump here. Just follow the procedures and you'll be fine.

texas30cal

You can remove drivers fender, steering wheel, steering column clamp, then the 4 bolts that secure the column to the box. This allows the column to slide up the shaft, leaving the shaft in place. Stuff rags in the opening of the box to be safe. Once you disconnect the lines from booster it comes right out. I just did it a couple months back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks