• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boot from So Cal

Mario0331

Hello Troops! Ive been meaning to post in this section since my start but find it difficult to type on my phone, but now have the ability.

My name is Mario and I live in San Diego Ca. I am a former marine but now serve with the 1st CIVDIV on couch patrol. I'm looking to buy a deuce here real soon. I have been doing the prescribed research, watching the videos and asking questions when I can. I have plans quad cabbing it out and dropping the third axle (scared of leo pulling me over for class a license or class b, would just rather not deal with it). Also close to Camp Pendleton and current supply surplus stores if you guys need anything.

I do have one question about turning it into a quad cab. Has anyone ever thought of putting the second cab on backwards so no splitting would have to be done and using the front windows as rear windows, Am I describing this right?

Anywho glad to be here,
Semper Fi
Mario

m715mike

First, welcome from Texas.

Second, thank you for your service! As the son of a former Marine and the father of a Marine, I have the utmost respect for all that have served.... but I'm a little partial to Marines!

You have a neat idea for a crew cab. I've never seen that done before (nor even thought about it). I hung out with a couple of crew cab owners last weekend. There's pictures and a video in this thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-area-Events&p=1979580&viewfull=1#post1979580

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks