• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Border Patrol Deuce???

acetomatoco

they will and have used most any MV... The Boundary Commission here in the NE used M114s for a while. Just to find the border..!!!

Tx75Pinz

I have no idea what the M series designator is but they have a duece dump truck here in SW Texas. The only thing changed on it is that all military numbers have been painted over with black.

sailor2000

Re: RE: Border Patrol Deuce???

Tx75Pinz said:
I have no idea what the M series designator is but they have a duece dump truck here in SW Texas. The only thing changed on it is that all military numbers have been painted over with black.
No border patrol logo????

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: Border Patrol Deuce???

the painting of unit designations is required by DRMS before donation to other agencies, however sometimes it does not happen...Remember that NG and AR units are augmenting the BP in some venues.

devilman96

USBP does use MV's... Not many 2.5's most are 5 tons but im sure there are a few more here and there, M998's, etc, etc...

Tx75Pinz

Sailor 2000, Nope, no logo yet. I've seen it along the highway and for the last couple of days it's been in the lot with the rest of the trucks. It is apparently a new addition and maybe they haven't gotten around to putting one of those ugly new decals on it yet. Or, most likely it's one of those; There's always 10% that don't get the word deals. They have another dump truck that's in camo too and the front end looks more like the style of trucks the Air Force used. Almost like something from International. No stickers on it, but haven't seen it lately.

Tx75Pinz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Border Patrol Deuce???

acetomatoco said:
the painting of unit designations is required by DRMS before donation to other agencies, however sometimes it does not happen...Remember that NG and AR units are augmenting the BP in some venues.
If it was NG or Reserve why would the unit ID's be blacked out? They do have NG troops here, but pobrecitos have to use their POVs to get around. Most of what is happening on the border is smoke and mirrors pony shows to make it look like something is being done. The troops just need to say, "yes sir and no sir", with very few no sirs expected, required, or tolerated. Been there, done that, and I've got the T shirts, bumper sticker, and the heirloom quality coffee mug.