• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boredom project, LB7 dirtymax turbo on a 6.2

Superhondaz50

Just your weekly update. I took some go-pro videos to try and see where my exhaust leak is coming from, 99% sure it's from the #8 cylinder manifold. I can see kinda see the smoke there, see a little spot and oil and it's the one missing the bolt, soooo, it's been there prob the whole time I've had the truck, just never knew as the doghouse was on. So I'm gonna leave it, been good for 4 years, be good another 4 as far as I'm concerned. Opened it up, got it to 9psi, it wailed like a banshee. Got my ceramic insulation, pretty sure it'll give you cancer. My metal order for the doghouse got cancelled so now I gotta go source it locally.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started my doghouse today. Got the frame done and one top panel. Only had one sheet of aluminum so I need to get more.
You need inner and outer shells and inner and outer insulation or else you will suffer burns from the intense heat. You should consider water injection and EGT sensors.

Superhondaz50

Figured I'd post some main seal pics while I'm waiting for my doghouse aluminum to show up.it was an old rope seal,prob 1/3 was missing. It slid right out. Replaced with a modem felpro orange seal. Interesting note, the cylinders still have a crosshatch pattern from when the engine was built , cylinders, cranks, chain, pistons all are perfect, this engine is golden good.

Attachments

Last edited:

rcamacho

I need to replace the main seal on my 6.2 998 as well. Looks like you disconnected the starter per the TM but tied it up to avoid the full lift back into position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superhondaz50

I need to replace the main seal on my 6.2 998 as well. Looks like you disconnected the starter per the TM but tied it up to avoid the full lift back into position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya, I just took the two bolts out and pushed it to the side. It's a little tight but much better than removing the whole thing. Don't forget to disconnect your battery!

Superhondaz50

Got my doghouse aluminum today so I can finish it this week. Will be great, when it's open and the fan kicks on, it blows heated air into the cab that feels like something from Satan's domain.

Superhondaz50

Started the doghouse today. Got the inner siding in and sealed down with high temp metal bonding silicone. I don't want the ceramic fibers getting out. I'll let it dry overnight then sandwich in the ceramic insulation tomorrow.

Attachments

Superhondaz50

Well I got the top and front insulation in and encapsulated, but in the theme of this project I ran out of ceramic insulation. I'll order more Friday when I get my Amazon points (got like $100 coming). For now I tossed the cover on and took it for a spin. It is BY FAR quieter than the stock glass cover, prob by 20 decibels if I had to put a number on it, and that is with it missing it's two insulated sides. I am getting no heat soak through the insulated part of the cover either. Between two layers of reflective aluminum and the super dense ceramic insulation, the heat doesn't stand a chance. Hopefully I'll have this done and painted next week so I can move onto the AC.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went the other route with my Civilian H1... I found Unobtainium. I went with a 9 PSI Whipple. :-D:driver::mrgreen:

If I keep the M1025A1, and in line with your blazing the way after I suggested this route in 2018 and got flamed, I might go with either a supercharger machined to fit OR a military made unit fit in a unique fashion so as to keep the original heads. I already figured out how.

It can be done, so the decision is... "Do I feel lucky"?

Thanks for blazing the way!

Last edited:

Superhondaz50

I went the other route with my Civilian H1... I found Unobtainium. I went with a 9 PSI Whipple. :-D:driver::mrgreen:

If I keep the M1025A1, and in line with your blazing the way after I suggested this route in 2018 and got flamed, I might go with either a supercharger machined to fit OR a military made unit fit in a unique fashion so as to keep the original heads. I already figured out how.

It can be done, so the decision is... "Do I feel lucky"?

Thanks for blazing the way!
Gotta see pics of that Whipple

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks