• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bostrom Viking T-Bar Spring Seats

ohfiredude

Anyone ever install Bostrom Viking T-Bar seats in their rig?

For the new Deuce that I want to buy...

I am thinking of installing a t-bar spring seat on the drivers side and replacing the bench passenger seat with the original spring ride driver's seat. I will also re-cover the spring ride seat with black vinyl to match the Bostrom.

Here is a pic of a t-bar.

Thanks!

OFD

Attachments

Pinz25086

The T-Bar that we used in the old Mack sat really low. Might want to check that measurement before you buy one or have a plan to raise it up with some sort of riser. I have a spring seat in my deuce now and I don't think that the T-Bar was any more comfortable. Why not go air ride, more options and they are closer to correct height?

ohfiredude

The T-Bar that we used in the old Mack sat really low. Might want to check that measurement before you buy one or have a plan to raise it up with some sort of riser. I have a spring seat in my deuce now and I don't think that the T-Bar was any more comfortable. Why not go air ride, more options and they are closer to correct height?
Thanks for the tip!

I looked at some low back seats made by National Seating. They are air ride, but not sure how much they cost. There is one model, the 97 Easy-Aire low profile, low back seat that I like.

OFD

Hammer

I have seats like that Tbar in one of my tow trucks.
NOT a comfortable seat!
And it seems those cushions don't last long, and are not all that comfortable either.

Another vote for a full air ride seat. Otherwise a well maintained spring seat is a pretty good seat already.

ohfiredude

I have seats like that Tbar in one of my tow trucks.
NOT a comfortable seat!
And it seems those cushions don't last long, and are not all that comfortable either.

Another vote for a full air ride seat. Otherwise a well maintained spring seat is a pretty good seat already.
I'm starting to think that just getting another deuce style seat for the passenger side and having new cushons made by Memphis equipment or some other outfit, for both, is the way to go. Thing is, are the deuce style spring seat frames hard to find? I never see them on the classifieds here or on ebay.

Thanks,

OFD

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have that model in a Unimog and like it. The 404 Unimog (ex French Army NATO-Germany) requires a low seat so the Bostrom was perfect. It's much more comfortable than the original non-suspension seat. But, having the room for an air suspension seat, I'm with the other guys, an air seat is best (but also much more expensve).

Tennmogger

Anyone ever install Bostrom Viking T-Bar seats in their rig?

For the new Deuce that I want to buy...

I am thinking of installing a t-bar spring seat on the drivers side ...chop...

OD_Coyote

I'm starting to think that just getting another deuce style seat for the passenger side and having new cushons made by Memphis equipment or some other outfit, for both, is the way to go. Thing is, are the deuce style spring seat frames hard to find? I never see them on the classifieds here or on ebay.

Thanks,

OFD
Contact Dave at Eastern Surplus. I bought one from a him a couple of months ago and I am pretty sure he had several available.

dave@easternsurplus.net

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks