• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BOUGHT 5T today on GL

rtidecucv

Need some help/reassurance here. Bought 5T today (10 wheeler..too bad not super singles) that was "refurbished/remanufactured" in 08'. CARC in 08'. Looks like a new truck. Anyone know what rebuilt/refurb really means? Is there a reman engine/tranny/axles? I can tell paint,hoses, tires have been replaced but what about the important stuff? Think it was a Red River Depot rebuild. Got 9k in it after taxes/fees. ANy chance in making a slight profit or did I screw up? Thanks for any info-good or bad.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Rebuilt means all systems were gone through and replaced/rebuilt to include engine/driveline, etc.

Refurbished can mean just checking out the systems and replacing things that are obviously bad.

There were several facilities that did complete rebuilds......Red River, Camp Shelby and Anniston Army Depot come to mind.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you bought it to play with, 9k is a little high for a truck straight from gl... but if you bought it for resale then you payed too much.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice. I'm no pro by any means, but 9k is around what I might expect to pay from a private buyer for a very nice truck already titled and tagged. I'd say thats pretty high if you intended it for resale. With the prices I've seen on these lately from GL I'm surprised it was that high. If its for fun, dont sweat the price, just enjoy it! I hope it's a near perfect truck for you, looks like it might be. Let us know how it goes.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
if you bought it to play with, 9k is a little high for a truck straight from gl... but if you bought it for resale then you payed too much.
I beg to differ with you Sir, if he is happy with the price then he didn't pay too much.

You will not find a decent 900 series 5 ton from the usual suspects for that kind of money.

You can't buy that much civilian truck for that kind of money either IMHO.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I beg to differ with you Sir, if he is happy with the price then he didn't pay too much.

You will not find a decent 900 series 5 ton from the usual suspects for that kind of money.

You can't buy that much civilian truck for that kind of money either IMHO.

all i said was that it was a little high for a truck straight from GL. i have seen them go for less. but it is a very nice truck for the money.

He was also asking if he could still make a profit, and in that case he payed too much to be able to make a decent profit.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is one sweet looking truck. once you get it home shout back and tell us how it drives and runs. it might be on the high end but you will enjoy it that much more:beer:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you put it out there, IMO, a softtop, non-singled, no winch.....gonna be tough to make a decent buck in the current market. Fix it up (there's always something to fix), enjoy it for awhile till the market picks up.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just as a point of comparison, I have a really clean M925 that I'd sell for less than $9K. This is slightly an apples/oranges comparison because (a) your truck was rebuilt and mine was not, and (b) mine has a winch on it. However, it gives you an idea about what these trucks go for.

My recommendation to the original poster is to set your price, stick to it, and sit on the truck. Someone will buy it since the truck is beautiful.

Attachments

Whitey

Just as a point of comparison, I have a really clean M925 that I'd sell for less than $9K. This is slightly an apples/oranges comparison because (a) your truck was rebuilt and mine was not, and (b) mine has a winch on it. However, it gives you an idea about what these trucks go for.

My recommendation to the original poster is to set your price, stick to it, and sit on the truck. Someone will buy it since the truck is beautiful.
Agreed with BKubu. You must also keep in mind there are two different markets here if you are looking to sell. SS members and others knowledgable in MV's will see it as you paying on the higher end, but will also agree that you got a nice truck. Then there are the folks not following the MV hobby on a daily basis. They will see you have a nice truck and base their purchase decision based on their wallet size and/or love for the truck.

Best of luck with your purchase. Read the TM's!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks