• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a 5 ton

chris1530

Never mind i found the "Right" one now..

Haha just me being retarded..

So do you happen to know where to get the boots and seal for the axles ?

aggopian

Napa under the brand Wilson has a part number of 91-04-7824 but it is "R&R" meaning it gets shipped to Wilson and rebuilt. So shipping plus price of part you would probably be better off finding a re-builder near you if possible.

chris1530

Thank you..
But now im wondering if the right starter was in it when i got it..
we came up with part number 91-01-3703..

aggopian

I took the OEM number from one of the vendors online and called Wilson.
The number I got from them has a 13 tooth drive.
The number you have has a 12 tooth drive per the Wilson site.
Not sure which is correct or if they're interchangeable. The TM's have multiple starters listed but I didn't see individual internal parts listed.
You may have to check with someone with more knowledge than me.

chris1530

Yes i looked it up on wilson to... it shows like you said a 13 tooth..
while the starter thats in the truck has 12..
I called the Guy at the station where the truck was, and left a message asking if the truck had been started since the starter was replaced, if so that would be nice to know that that starter will work, because there are alot of numbers to interchange on that one...
So im waiting to see what he says..[thumbzup]rofl:confused:
8) Also should have the starter tomorrow and ill be checking to see if it works myself

wsucougarx

If all else fails call George Kivett at White Owl. The guy knows everything...no joke. They have about every part imaginable in stock. He's who I call for those hard to find parts. He always seems to find the parts...amazing guy! And you want to talk about customer service, he is a master at it;-)

chris1530

WELL GOOD MORNING..... haha

The starter worked...!!!

prolly is not the "Correct" one but it works.. no grinding noises while cranking, no noise at all, just the engine turning over..

So WILSON Part # 91-01-3703 does work

But like i said its probably not the"CORRECT" starter

Time to have fun

Last edited:

chris1530

Anybody know the wieght on the Bed on these 5 tons ?
or where i can get wieght info at ?
Tried a search but came up empty...
also wieght on the axle housing ?

chris1530

Well I got a Air seat, a 2 seat setup out of a bus for passenger seats & muffler, plan on routing exhaust up the back also to quite it down inside.

Got the SF97 today..
have a question it lists the model as a M35A2, was also listed that way on the auction, should i sweat this or just go to the dmv ?

wsucougarx

Well, it is a 5 ton and not a 2.5 ton. I would try and get it corrected . If you go with the SF97 as is, it may come back and bite you down the road. Best to play it safe and contact them to have the correction made.

chris1530

Well, it is a 5 ton and not a 2.5 ton. I would try and get it corrected . If you go with the SF97 as is, it may come back and bite you down the road. Best to play it safe and contact them to have the correction made.
ok i have emailed them prolly wont hear bout it till monday or so

chris1530

So there gonna send me a new SF97 with the correct info on it..

Now i ave another question, been searching the net for specs on a 3506 cat engine ? anyone know if there realiable, wieght, HP torque ? or somewhere to find the info, i googled but came up pretty empty.

Thanks

Last edited:

chris1530

Well idk what was going on.. but for a while i couldnt post..

Either way got the correct SF97 now..
so it will be on the road soon