• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bought a deuce. possibly a daily driver.

bill2444

Best advice i can offer, is to rotate the front tires often to keep from getting irregular wear. have fun driving her, i have over 7k miles this year so far as a DD

91W350

I drive one of mine everyday, sometimes both of them and on good days, I drive somebody else's too! Anyway, welcome to the site. I would love to snag a set of those wheels! As for the Dodge, I have a 91 manual cummins srw 350 in the middle of a paint job. Maybe one day, about ten years from now, it will roll out of the garage. I love that old Dodge, but since I got into the deuces, my work time has been pretty low on the old truck.

magneticanomaly

I'd love to know from some of you who put regular miles on these things, what kind of fuel mileage you get with what engines/transmissions. I'm thinking of getting one for general farm and hauling use.

ODdave

Few words of advice, If those horns where on the dodge, Do Not put them on the deuce. Get a new set. Buddy of mine had the same set of stacks in 3 trucks.....all three rolled. Didnt put the stacks in truck 4.....no problems.

ludgy

i love those horns! @powersmoke. maybe ill have to save a skull from one of the longhorns.

truck is doing good so far. only one breakdown. (wheel bearing with a full load of lumber for my barn).

the horns were not on my dodge ! i did steal the radio, speakers, scanner, cb, and 144mhz rig out of the dodge though. is that bad luck?

91W350

I'd love to know from some of you who put regular miles on these things, what kind of fuel mileage you get with what engines/transmissions. I'm thinking of getting one for general farm and hauling use.
Depending upon temperature and fuel....usually eight or nine in town and eleven to thirteen cruising at 42 mph.

ludgy

I dont know about the others, but I dig the horns. Good luck man on your new DD. So what going to happen with the dodge? Im a 1st gen lover.
The insurance company let me buy the dodge back for 200$, i plan on pulling the motor and axles. rest will probably go to scrap. frame is twisted pretty good. not sure what to do with the cummins yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks