• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a deuce today

bomar76

Well.....mostly.
Gave Roger a deposit (all my hidden mad $$ in my wallet :redface: ) , shook hands and we have a deal.

I am not gonna pick it up (and give hime the balance) till Wednesday. Tomorrow he is gonna drain the fuel filters, check the brakes, replace a broken fuel shut off cable, and some miscellaneous things for me.

It's a 1970 AM General soft top with a nearly new cab top, has troop seats, has bows, has a new bed top, air shift, cab heat, new batteries, w/o winch. The winch adds so much more to the $$$ of one, and while it's cool as can be it's not worth the dinero to me. I actually know where there is a complete set up off a 5 ton that I might check out to see if it can work.

I like the soft tops better.....ought to be nice in the summertime :yeah:

Some rust on the fender and rocker panels but nothing major - that will give my son and I a chance to weld in some new metal this summer.

The deal includes some of the stuff we will need for the planned radio/intercom install.

I will go to back down there Wednesday @ noon, then will need to run down to p/u a temp tag and should be on my way.

First stop, diesel at the truck stops 1 mile up the road [:)]

Hope to have pics to post Thursday AM.

bomar76

I was really hoping he had a ring mount laying around....I built an M2 dummy (out of wood and pipe) for BajaPower many moons ago and wanted to have the option of sticking it up there. The dummy looks pretty good from 25' away.

Roger has tons of stuff, but no mounts.

If anyone needs any oddball MV stuff he may have it.
He doesn't have any of the run of the mill parts for sale..needs those for his trucks.
But he has everything from M35's to OshKosh's- including M109 trailers and Warsaw Pact jets.

Deuce-bigalo

I think this can be an addicting hobby if you ask me - it's one, then two - now three and where shall I put the forth one (Deuces meaning....)

LOL - At least that is what I can see being like!

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not that bed Duece-bigalo. I've been able to keep mine down to 2 deuces at a time. Right now I only have 2 and one is far from driving. Actually, I'm even down to 2 trailers as well so it can be controlled.

Deuce-bigalo

Recovry4x4 said:
It's not that bed Duece-bigalo. I've been able to keep mine down to 2 deuces at a time. Right now I only have 2 and one is far from driving. Actually, I'm even down to 2 trailers as well so it can be controlled.

Welp, I can only speak for myself. I might just try and sell part time. I could use the extra money to put away for College for my 2 girls. I am sure it can be expensive either way. Myself? Well, like I said I would be as involved as possible. If that meant having 4, finances permitting - that would be fine. I wouldn't mind a M35A2, M813, M816 and a M109A3. That's a nice collection. The wrecker would be fun just to play around with. My Father in Law is a former Vietnam Vet and he has some interest in helping out too - making it a family affair! [:)]

John

bomar76

I wouldn't mind jumping up to a 5 ton someday (among other things, power steering would be nice :) ) but any thoughts I once had of owning a DOD lineage HUMVEE or most other veterans just isn't there.

The Dodge Powerwagons, Blazers and such are way too close to the civilian model - and I never liked any of those to start with.
The really cool stuff (APC's, demilled tanks, etc) are way out of my price range.

Think I'll stick with the M35 for the foerseeable future.

bomar76

I'll keep that in mind.

Been to Brooklet GA many times...and oddly enough we are moving to the Brooklet/Metter/ Statesboro, etc area ( somewhere in that vicinity) in a little over3 years...as soon as our son (BajaPower) graduates from High School.

bomar76

Well, it's home and in the driveway now....pics in members rides.....pretty uneventful trip.
Once I got home we took it for a spin and it began missing really bad and lost power.

The fuel looks like pureed pumpkins so I will drain and change all the filters tomorrow.

bomar76

One thing I forgot to mention....
Roger gave me a ring binder with all the manuals on CD, and the Multifuel engine manaul and chassis / engine lubrication information all printed out and ready to go!