• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a M37

snowtrac nome

nice rig I have one I should finish up some day as others said . they look military and are just the right size I cringe every time I watch A-team re runs and see how many m37' were totaled by that show.

rickf

IT RUNS! Took a lot of coaxing but it finally got going. Best I can tell from the paperwork I got the last time it was running was at least close to 20 years ago. So now I can rebuild the carb and start replacing all the gaskets. And get that whatever it is out of the gas tank!

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one back in the 70's that I must have hauled a couple hundred tons of large rock for a solar system, hand loaded and un-loaded. It's probably one reason for my bad back today. I remember being able to walk faster than it in low gear. I have to admit...a Cummins 4b would make a sweet re-power.

You have a really nice one!

Last edited:

rickf

Put some Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas! The valves have a tendency to stick after sitting a long time.
Once I get the gas tank out and cleaned out and sealed I will do just that. right now it is running on a gas can. It actually still has gas in it from ????. Kind of hard to describe that smell! I disconnected the line to the carb before I even tried to crank it with the plugs out and Seafoam/Marvel mix in the cylinders. The fuel pump was pulling the nasty garbage up from the tank so I disconnected the line from the tank. The valves are all working well, it idles at around 400 just ticking right over. It does have quite a few exhaust leaks around the exhaust manifold.

CGarbee

Good to hear that it has made it home and is in recovery.
I look forward to seeing it in action this fall when you come to the rally... ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks