• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not concerned, I have the TUSK modification to my Abrams. It also has the special CROWS kit. That's sort of like those car alarms that say "Step Away from the Car." but in this case they just shoot a 50 cal round. So it works great. Anyone within 20 feet gets a 50 cal round dead center mass. Only problem is when I leave it on in traffic. It shot the crap out of this mini=van full of kids the other day. I thought I was in big trouble but when the cops came, their shock and horror turned to admiration of my tank. What started as a potential legal issue turned into a good time and all I had to do was promise to take them for a ride. They weren't even upset when the CROW malfunctioned and shot up one of the police cars by accident. It's done that before. Once I had dismounted and came out of the walmart to find it had whacked a bunch of folds. No biggie since they were warned not to get too close. So I hit the off button on the CROWS alarm system but I found out it didn't disable. Dang thing, I realised it at the last second and jumped out of the way just in time but it still shot half my foot off. A mere flesh wound.

Oh well.
CARNAC:
Hope you've gotten your malfunctioning systems tweeked.
Spontaneious Urban Warfare can be dangerous..... Cops can shoot back and, for that matter, so can Soccer Moms :shock::doh:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Troy installed one of the friggin "CROWS Kits" on the Proud American and it malfunctioned!
We can't even open the door of the truck shop without getting hosed down with rubber bullets from rubber duckies!:(:(:(
We are waiting for the batteries to run down so we can remove that sucker!!:deadhorse:

Attachments

13thArmy

Thanks for the detailed description of the aftermarket defense armament on your tank Carnac. Can we some footage of it in use? Or is that clasified?
Also, on the topic of soccer moms firing back, I think you need to take that threat seriously. You never know what might hit you. Someone is always welcome to post the link to the video game were you can hunt wildlife from a helicopter in Alaska.
Other than that, keep a round in the chamber and never leave your ordanance out of sight. :D

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to soberland ranch, population zero. I don't even live here. I live at the I fell off the Abrams ranch.

BTW, we're having a weenie roast. Setting the Abrams to tac idle and using extra long tent poles a skewers.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a Tomahawk Cruise Missile in an estate sale in my neighborhood. They had it tagged at $75, but the lady really didn't know what she had, so after some haggling, I d i c k e r e d a bit, and I got it for only $20. We both walked away SMILING :shock:

Now for my problem....
Does anyone know where to find an under-wing pylon that will fit the C-5A Galaxy to hang it from?

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just use the cheap ratchet straps from wally world and duct tape, it should have enough puwer to pull free when you fire it. :drool: I HOPE :shock:
You HOPE - that's all you can say.... You HOPE ! ! !

Why do I have this "Wiley Coyote feeling" all of a sudden?!?!?!?!

Attachments

13thArmy

Carnac, I think you need to see this video. About 5 minutes into the clip there is some detailed info on the sticky bomb. It might be a problem....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZwngkN9FZs&feature=related[/media]

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Carnac, I think you need to see this video. About 5 minutes into the clip there is some detailed info on the sticky bomb. It might be a problem....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZwngkN9FZs&feature=related[/media]
Didn't need the video. Was dealing with that kinda stuff and making little white bunnies (a la Caddyshack) when many of the members on here were still in daddy's high school jock strap.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Almost 10K in views, amazing.:cookoo:
Guess I wasn't the only one X numbers of days ago that had their gonads torqued a little too high for 'left lane driving'.

Kinda like Howard Stern, why do people turn on the radio---to see what he's going to do/say. Why won't they turn him off---to see what he's gonna do/say next.