• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought an 818 tractor tonight.....what are my options for a short flatbed on the rear

leeinmemphis

Hey everyone,

I bought an 818 tractor tonight and have a question regarding putting a bed on it. I would like to put a short bed on it like is in this picture

What would be the most economical solution for getting a bed on the truck? Would a 105 bed work and I remove the fender wheel wells from the side or is installing a full length deuce bed and option and then removing the rear overhang up to the rear frame of the truck? I plan on using the truck primarily for kayak/camping trips. I am definitely interested in going super single with the tires but that will have to wait a while.

Any info/suggestions would be appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That pic is of a shortened bed. A deuce bed not cut down will overhang the frame. A m105 bed will not, but you will have a wheel well not centered over any tires. Your call.

leeinmemphis

that's what I was asking. If I find a deuce bed can I go get it put on the truck(at the sellers) drive it home with the overhang then trim the rear when I get home with it. I would think I could take out the wheel wells of a 105 bed.....wonder if anyone has tried that before.

leeinmemphis

Scarecrow1

Sounds like you have it under control . From what I have read it is easier to cut the front off and weld it back on . I did like the look to and had researched doing one myself but caved and bought a 923A1 instead . Good luck to you ........

rrrr

actually it's your truck that made me want to do this!!!! I've found a deuce bed locally for $800 and will likely go that way. They said they would set it on the truck for me so I would have to bolt it down and drive it home.
Make sure you have something to bolt it down. Tractors have no provisions to secure beds. I had attachment brackets made for mine that are bolt on just like the commercial rigs use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks