• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought an M151A2 today.

This one is uncut and really solid. The shovel and ax obviously are not original. It also comes with the doors and some spares. It's a 1969 according to the data plate. Brand new tires. Runs and drives great (although it was a cold test drive today 28 degrees!). No ROPS, but I may add that later.

Going back with a trailer this week to bring it home.

Attachments

Craigslist.... I only took a few pictures. When I get it home this week, I'll take some more and post them. It's in Columbus, OH....About 3 hours away. I drove down there today, drove it and checked it out. Have to go back with a trailer.

I can't wait :)

twlinks

Nice find...looks great. I know they say you can't be jealous and happy at the same time and I'm a pretty happy guy...but I'm still jealous. ;)

It all started with some HMMWV's I acquired for the agency I work for. They reminded me of my previous life and I became interested in getting an MV of my own. I bought an M35A3......now a M151A2......what's next???? I'm probably going with a trailer to get it on Wednesday. Can't wait to check it all out and start some maintenance. Already looking at some goodies for it....

Thanks for the compliments. They are out there. The guy I bought this from had two more he is tinkering with. I started looking about a month ago, but then again I tend to pull the trigger quick :)

cobra5

Nice find. The side drains put it in the 73 to 79 year. It's definetly an AM General because the A-2's that Ford produced had straight fenders and not arched. As far as the ROPPS, they really aren't necessary especially on an A-2. Even an A-1 will done fine without the extra weight, just remember it's not a sports car and take it easy on turns.

I finally got back from Columbus with it. Parked it and took a few more pics. I have the doors too. Can't wait to run it around a bit, but it's 10 degrees.....it does fire right up however. One of the reasons I bought this one was the condition of the body...very solid and appears to have been well cared for. I want to check everything out and learn as much as I can about it. I need a TM next :)

Attachments

Cobra5....that's quite the M151 collection! Not worried about the rollover in regard to the ROPS, but I like the looks of it. Probably whack your head and/or knees on it I would imagine.....so maybe not.

The weather is killing me! I want to take it out but too cold..... I did drive it around the field next to my shop for a bit but that was all so far.