• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bouncing in reverse

jimm1009

I have owned my M35A2C for two years now.
Since I have owned it it has bounced while attempting to back up.
Worse in high range and better in low range but still bounced.
Is this calssic drive line bind?
It is not too bad on flat paved surfaces but I was attempting to back into somones yard in town and his yard is about a foot taller than the street. Mild incline with gravel and the truck was pitching like a small fishing boat in rough seas.
I also had this happen when I was trying to pull my CUCV out of the mud a year ago by hooking to the front bumper and pulling out in reverse.
There is no abnormal slop in the ring and pinions in all three axles and no abnormal slop in the tranny or transfer case when the units are disconnected to put hand pressure on the driveshafts. All the gearboxes are tight in their mounts and no rubber mounts are missing or noticably worn. Leaf springs are all in really good shape and no worn shackles or broken leaves.
Is this typical for these trucks?
If so would a rear axle manual locking hub with shaft make a difference? If so it would make your truck two or four wheel drive depending on if the front axled is engaged Note, the truck has an air transfercase and there was no difference in the bouncing with front axle in or out.
aua
jimm1009

emr

I think he may be talking about how an M 35 is not very good at low speed take offs in my opinion they are not geared low enough and make a hop" when trying to pull or back up in tough situations, i have found experience is the only way to control this, and it sure works, practice is needed here..., its the driver ....and the truck, sorry But that is what i think u are experiencing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks