• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bows for an M871...

Bighurt

I'm fortunate enough to have a complete set of sides for my M871 what I don't have are the bows for the top.

I know there are a few members that do.

I couldn't find dimensions in the TM. And rather than try and find all of them I was thinking it would be easy enough to just make my own.

Has anyone done so? I'm also looking for top solutions, if anyone has any ideas. This is by far not an urgent matter but if I get some shop room back I may start fabbing them up over winter. In my spare time that I don't have...LOL

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
would deuce bows/corners work? I know I use 1 x 3 red oak for the uprights and bows with the GI corners on my deuces. Bottom of the uprights has to be shaved a bit smaller than the finished 3 inch - width of a saw blade is generally enough.2cents

Bighurt

They are round metal stock thats bent. Not much to them.
Yup that's them, which is why I figured I could just make them.

I was hoping someone had dimensions other than what I can make work. Granted I like the idea of making it fit my needs but at the same time I'd like it to feel like origional equipment for the trailer.

I'm also looking for the twist lock tie down points, which seam even more elusive.

Again this thread is intended to source information not actual parts.

Bighurt

If your talking the twist locks like above the deuce door, Jatonka has them listed on his site. Same as just about every canvas company that deals with MV's.
Nope these are designed to drop in the 2"+ hole in the M871 bed and have a ring to attach Cargo webbing tie down straps to. There is a picture in the -14 but none of the NSN's listed with the BII items come up with pictures.

I think I can make something a tad more usefull than what the picture shows but I hoped somebody had one to verify this. Rings are fine if I buy straps with a J hook. If I want to use a chain and binder to secure a load however I need something a little larger. My intent is to utilize the sides bows and trapaulin to protect machinery or equipment to large to crate. I also like to keep people guessing as to my load...LOL.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhhhh, THOSE..... I never saw ONE of them in my time with Uncle Sam, and I "owned" about a dozen of those trailers. I even tried to order some, they never came in. Honestly, I dont think they exist.

Bighurt

Ahhhhh, THOSE..... I never saw ONE of them in my time with Uncle Sam, and I "owned" about a dozen of those trailers. I even tried to order some, they never came in. Honestly, I dont think they exist.
That's what I was afraid of... No matter, if I can't find any I'll just get some fabbed up. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks