• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boy scout camping with the M1009

twa@ezdn.net

I hinged the large platform to lift up and latch to reach the GP small
tent and equipment. The small upper shelf hinges down and holds
mostly bedding. I sleep on the large rack my 12 year old sleeps on the floor and my 6 year old sleeps on the top bunk. The large wood ammo box
is for storage and used as a seat to dress. I have netting in the front and rear for ventilation in the summer. This set up works great for shorter trips
on longer stays one of the tents come out.

Tim

85 M1009
M101a1

mckeeranger

Let me also take this opportunity to thank those of you that support Scouting. Not just the registered leaders, but also the dads that help out. The positive effect you have on our youth is immeasurable.

twa@ezdn.net

The top is 1/4" floor sheeting primed and painted (yellow helps reflect light)
This helps with the snow load and water from pudling on top.....Tim

85 M1009
M1001a1

Barrman

Good looking set up.

If you want to make the tail gate into a porch. Get 4 carabiners and some 1/4" or so chain. Hook onto the tail gate chain one link down from where it is welded to the bed. Hook the other end onto one of the tabs on the tail gate. Adjust for level.

Just make sure you have a rear support leg, the trailer still hooked to the truck or a lot of weight up front so you don't tip over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks