• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boyce Equipment?

mikegoobs

I blew my 6.2 in my m1009 on a camping trip last week and im 15 hours from home so i cant fix it myself. I have been looking around for a shop to rebuild it but all of them are saying it will cost nearly 5 grand to fix it. So i decided i might as well buy a new motor for it since that will probably be cheaper anyways. Ive been looking at Boyce Equipment and i called them up and they seem to sell quality stuff. Does anyone have experience with Boyce? Should i buy a motor from them? Or should i keep looking....

area52

I have found that Boyce has most of what you need and is very knowledgeable in MV's

BUT...... I have also found that their prices are pretty high when compared to others.

Reverend Evil

I have ordered parts from them in a pich but they are more expensive than most. I personaly would shop around for a cheaper motor but if that is your option . I dont buying from them.

mikegoobs

I either blew a piston ring or sucked a glow plug and put a hole in the piston. Theres smoke from one side of the exhaust (coming out one exhaust pipe because its dual exhaust), its spitting up oil into the intake, and there is an extremely loud sound coming from the motor that sounds like i blew the exhaust manifold but i didnt.

acesneights1

Try craigslist. There is always 6.2's for sale cheap. a 6.2 is a 6.2. You can also use a 6.5 but you will need inj lines of a 93 6.5TD or a late model 6.2 with the short injs.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ace is right, worst case scenario, you pick up a civy 1/2 ton engine and swap the J code intake from your engine over to it.

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try the junkyards in the area you are in, like was said a 6.5 will work fine but make sure to get the complete engine with lines. Not only are the injectors shorter (your 6.2 injectors would work) but they are on a different angle. If you bend an injector line to fit you will get a knock that sounds exactly like a rod knock.

Rick

choll

I have been dealing with Mark since 2000 I bought my first 1009 from him. I have brought it back several times for upgrades of axles,lift and cross over steeering. These guys are the best i was never anywhere near being over charged. As a matter of fact I had a couple of Alts go out and he sent me free ones to replace the blown ones. This was years after the purchase of the truck.
The motor for 950 is a deal because the do compression checks and if for some reason the motor goes bad he will send you another one. By the way the truck I purchased from them in 2000 I recently sold for $5000 with 124000 miles on it. I did routune maintance on it and the only major thing I ever replaced was the Injector pump at 100,000 miles. The truck had 33000 when purchased. It was used a trail rig for years so I can safely assume it had another 20,000 miles on it in ideling time. I would use Boyce again in a second.

mikegoobs

Yeah i decided today that i would buy from them. Ordered the motor today! Im excited. Glad to hear that the motors they sell are decent motors.

Oldfart

I have had good luck with Boyce. I can find others who quote cheaper, but Boyce does have what they say they have. I had a friend buy and engine from them and it was as represented and is running fine. ~~~ You might PM Gunfreak and ask him about his 6.2 engine that he is swapping into his M220/211. He just picked up the engine and I think he was happy about the price and the quality of what he got.