• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brackets and chocks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of images here.
The picture of the wheel chock per request by Loose Deuce and the image of the M756 marker light brackets as mounted and painted on the cranetruck. The brackets, which were welded in place yesterday came from Kenny's donor pipeline truck bed (a big thanks again!). They were a bit crunched up, but with all those holes, I decided to straighten them out instead of fabbing new ones.
BTW, there are a total of 15 marker lights on the M756A2 pipeline truck bed alone....

The wheel chock is marked with the NSN 2540-00-678-3469 and was purchased on ebay a couple of years ago and it's one of those things I never leave home without. :)

Attachments

jasonjc

In any of the ps mags you have do they show how to make the steel "c" chanel type chock block I think they where for tanks and where made with 1 1/2"-2" "C" chanel I rember read in one and it gave the sizes and angels

Jones

I've got a paper hole template out of one our marker light mod. kits. Can add dimensions and scan it in for the tech articles section if anybody thinks it's of interest.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's late and I'm tired but tomorrow I'll get some pics of the "C" channel chocks, I have 2 of them. I have 2 or 3 of the oak onel like Bjorn's and 3 or 4 of the current rubber ones. Yeah, I like chocks! Bjorn, haven't forgotten the chock holder from the M146 trailer either.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll try Mike! They are still bolted to the bottom of the M146 semi trailer in the neighors yard and its only a foot off the ground. He won't mind if I remove the chock holders but will it I go slinging his trailer up in the sky to remove said holder. BTW, the chocl holder will only work with the Oak chocks, not the rubber ones.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel, the bed gets 2 amber, 7 red, 4 red blackout, 2 white blackout. Layout is as such. Front corners of the bed get a yellow and white blackout each, rear sides get a red and red blackout ea. Rear gets a red and red blackout at each corner and 3 more reds in the center.

Loose Deuce

Thanks cranetruck for posting the picture, that looks like a real up town chock, lot better than my homemade one. :) Is it basicaly some boards sandwiched togeather ?