• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brackets on front and rear

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That towbar mount is a good idea

Scrounger

It could be some kind of improvised setup for an A-frame. The legs of the A-frame would go on the shackle mounts and instead of connecting the support cable to the pintle hook maybe someone tried the tailgate. I would think the tailgate would bend, but know knows. The only other thing I can think of for the rear brackets would be for a step/ ladder.

FreightTrain

Banned
that ain't your ordinary truck.That is a maintanance unit rig.I bet that rear backet is for the ladder.Maybe use the tailgate as a sort of small porch.Now were do I get a set of those M88 brackets?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: brackets

Those M88s look like they are headed into Anniston for rebuild. They are older M88s that haven't gone through the upgrade to the latest and greatest, and with the war, all M88s are going through the depot rebuild program there....

Jones

RE: brackets

The rear brackets on the tailgate accept a loading ramp. Keeps the ramp locked in place so it doesn't come loose when you're halfway up or down with a hand truck full of stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks