• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake air pressure gauge starts below 0

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello forum.
Does anyone know if on the air pressure gauges that are on M1078 it's possible to set the zero point? One on mines start below 0 and when the other reach 110, this one shows only 90. Don't know if it's the transducer or the gauge.
Pressure on both tanks are equal...

Thank you!
Christian

Ronmar

Don’t think there is an adjustment. Is this an A0 or A1?

On an A0 which uses old school electric resistance transducers there are a pair of transducers under the left dash in front of your left shin when seated. real easy to get to if you pull out the STE connector and bracket(About 5 minutes and 2 connectors).

Each transducer has 2 conections, one for the pressure sense to the gauge and one to the pressure sw that drives the low air buzzer.

The first test I would do would be to swap the sensor wires from one transducer to the other. The Pressure sense wires are Tl150 and TL151. Swapping these two will connect the rear transducer to the front gauge and vis-versa. If the same gauge reads low, then the gauge is the issue. If the problem moves to the other gauge when you swap the wires, the transducer is. You could also do this swap by lifting the dash and swapping the gauge plugs between front and rear.

The newer integrated panels on the A1/A1R use a data bus to provide info to the gauges and an integrated gauge controller that has the pressure transducers soldered to its mainboard inside the box. I have heard of one person replacing a bad pressure transducer in one of these boxes, so they can be worked on…

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you sir!
Do you know of what type the transducer have? Classical 10 to 184 Ohm transducer?

Christian
Don’t think there is an adjustment. Is this an A0 or A1?

On an A0 which uses old school electric resistance transducers there are a pair of transducers under the left dash in front of your left shin when seated. real easy to get to if you pull out the STE connector and bracket(About 5 minutes and 2 connectors).

Each transducer has 2 conections, one for the pressure sense to the gauge and one to the pressure sw that drives the low air buzzer.

The first test I would do would be to swap the sensor wires from one transducer to the other. The Pressure sense wires are Tl150 and TL151. Swapping these two will connect the rear transducer to the front gauge and vis-versa. If the same gauge reads low, then the gauge is the issue. If the problem moves to the other gauge when you swap the wires, the transducer is. You could also do this swap by lifting the dash and swapping the gauge plugs between front and rear.

The newer integrated panels on the A1/A1R use a data bus to provide info to the gauges and an integrated gauge controller that has the pressure transducers soldered to its mainboard inside the box. I have heard of one person replacing a bad pressure transducer in one of these boxes, so they can be worked on…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks