• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake and clutch pedal adjustment fix.

rustystud

Had I followed doctors advices, After x rays, and consultants appointments, and subsequently the recommended Knee, and Hip replacement, I would have quit the hobby.."". 'years ago'. He did say that " you will certainly NOT be able to do what you are doing now".
Well, Every health pill and capsule (relating to joints etc (known to man))later..And also Much Gradual and Increasing exercises later. Still doing my hobby, and can function nearly as much as I have always done. Maybe I am lucky, but it does take ongoing determination and perseverance with (the) regular exercises (and pills!) to maintain that acquired strength and flexibility. I am however also Very Very thankful.
Oh I hear you about the doctors advice thing. One of my Orthopedic doctors told me years ago to get out of mechanics. I told him "that's great and then how am I going to pay my bills ? " . He told me to get some training and go into a different field. I told him I'm in my fifties, who in their right mind would hire a newbee just out of training that old ? So I continued working and then just got a new knee later. Of course I'm paying for those decisions daily but my love of the Green Metal actually keeps me going ! My wife is slowly coming around to the idea that my "hobby" is a good thing. It gives me the motivation to keep working thus moving and not allowing my body to just sit and give up. In fact I think our Military Vehicles should be considered "physical therapy" and thus covered by medical insurance !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks