• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake cage bolt/nut

prholley

Recently purchased 5-ton. Going through TMs, upon brake chamber inspections I've noticed a few things. The cage bolts and nuts are missing from their storage area on all of my chambers. Are these bolts fairly standard to where they could be picked up from the civilian market? Also, three of the dust covers on the spring brake chambers are missing. It seems like a good thing to have in place. Are these available in the civilian market as well? Thanks for any advise.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This leads me to believe your brakes have been caged in the past for whatever reason.

You can get the cage bolts at NAPA or Fleet Pride. I think they are fairly standard but you might try to get an original to be sure.

The dust covers may also be standard but again "trust but verify".

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once you have the new cage bolts, keep them in the truck or tool box so if you ever need them they won't be rusted up or covered with mud, dirt, paint, etc.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only place I could find the original light-blue Anchor-Lok dust covers was Ryder Fleet Products...nobody else carries them that I could find.