• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake fluid coming out of drip tube at turbo

cowboyballer

I got a 1972 m35a2 and I just done 2 back wheel seals and I got in the truck fired it up and was pumping the brakes and brake fluid started coming out of the big drip tube at the turbo anyone have a ideal what it could be

daytonatrbo

If air and brake fluid are coming out of the same place, you likely have an issue with your master cylinder and airpak.

However, I can't think of any reason why either would be coming out of the slobber tube. Unless its coming out of the master cylinder vent, and it just looks like it coming out of the slobber tube.

cowboyballer

Yea that is the only way it would be. I had just put fluid in the master cylinder but I didn't hook the vent back up on the lid pain in the butt. But my wife pumped the pedal about 6 times and a cup full come out. But I then hooked the vent back up and It stopped coming out but when u pump the brakes you can hear air coming out the slobber tube

cowboyballer

That's with the truck on or off you can hear it... but let me back up a second the air comes out when you left off the pedal. But the brakes work great they are tight and stop good

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the original design, the air assist cylinder was vented into the slobber tube. At some point an MWO was introduced where it was removed and simply had a check valve installed on the line after it was bent like a J. Yours obviously hasn't had that MWO. The brake fluid is a sure sign that your air assist cylinder needs rebuilt.

cowboyballer

Yea like I said the vent line was unhooked when that happen and I hooked it up and it stopped so idk what the deal was. Anyways would over filling the master cylinder cause fluid to come out the slobber tube??

Last edited:

cowboyballer

On the original design, the air assist cylinder was vented into the slobber tube. At some point an MWO was introduced where it was removed and simply had a check valve installed on the line after it was bent like a J. Yours obviously hasn't had that MWO. The brake fluid is a sure sign that your air assist cylinder needs rebuilt.
Where abouts are you talking about is the check valve? Are you talking about off the J tube on the back of the air pack? If so I would have to go look I was talking about is the vent line that is hooked on top of the master cylinder cap

cowboyballer

Ok well that is what happen then it was about to over flow. But being I was bleeding the brakes. I figured I could use a little extra Lol.

rmgill

I performed the MWO which separates the Master Cylinder Vent from the common fuel tank vent and which connects to the Slobber tube. This is a good thing to do as it avoids dumping brake fluid in your fuel tank or contaminating your master cylinder with fuel.

The fact that you have BFS coming out of the slobber tube is likely indicative of a problem with your Air Pack. I just rebuilt mine because I had the same issue, except in my case it was dumping BFS out on top of my air filter housing because that's where my vent comes out. The seal on the air pak around the air piston's push rod will begin to fail and will leak. This works it's way up the vent line every time you step on and release the brakes.

I strongly suggest you fix the Air Pak and effect the MWO. There's a PS that covers the MWO.

daytonatrbo

I performed the MWO which separates the Master Cylinder Vent from the common fuel tank vent and which connects to the Slobber tube. This is a good thing to do as it avoids dumping brake fluid in your fuel tank or contaminating your master cylinder with fuel.

The fact that you have BFS coming out of the slobber tube is likely indicative of a problem with your Air Pack. I just rebuilt mine because I had the same issue, except in my case it was dumping BFS out on top of my air filter housing because that's where my vent comes out. The seal on the air pak around the air piston's push rod will begin to fail and will leak. This works it's way up the vent line every time you step on and release the brakes.

I strongly suggest you fix the Air Pak and effect the MWO. There's a PS that covers the MWO.

On the original design, the air assist cylinder was vented into the slobber tube. At some point an MWO was introduced where it was removed and simply had a check valve installed on the line after it

Well, now I'm confused.

Flyingvan911

Originally the vent tube for the master cylinder was T'd into the vent line for the fuel tank. Which then ran to the slobber tube. I need to seperate mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks