• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake issue

TheDuke

My brakes are horrible. I have to put the pedal almost all the way to floior before I start slowing down. Good air pressure. Should I just bleed the brakes again?

stumps

Is the pedal hard when it does start working?
If so, you need to take some time and adjust your brake shoes.

-Chuck

LanceRobson

The info you need is in the -20 manual. If it's going nearly to the floor it is unlikely a "minor" adjustment will help. I suggest you do the "major" adjustment. Of course, when you take the inspection covers off you may find paper thin brake linings.

I wouldn't drive this a foot down the road without checking it.

Good luck

Lance

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got done fixing this same issue by adjusting all brakes.

The hardest part is jacking up each axle and taking the wheels off.

LanceRobson

With a hydraulic jack you should be able to get the axle height to where the wheel will just about slide sideways onto the studs. It is easier with two people.

What I do when working by myself is get the studs a tiny bit LOW and tip the wheel in so that I can finger turn a nut (stud) or two on. Then I raise the axle the fraction of an inch needed to be able to slide the wheel on without worrying about the wheel tipping over and falling off.

Lance

TheDuke

Just needed an adjustment. Found a hub seal leak on one wheel. All the brakes are brand new, seems the last person just never adjusted them right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks