• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake light problem..Grrrrrr

fredrader

Ok,I have had problems with my brake lights not working or working but dim and sticking on VERY dim...I decided to get a new 3 lever switch and in the mean time I bought 2 pressure switches..One new one and one used one..Ok I replaced the 3 lever switch and no help..I tested the wires that plug in to the pressure switch with brake pedal up and I have 25v on one side and like 3.5v on the other wire :banghead: I have helper press down on the brake and the 25v wire stayed the same and the other wire jumped to 10v..Tested it 10 times and the 24v wire stayed the same and the other wire never read the same voltage twice..So I decided to remove the pressure switch and replace it with one of my spares...It takes a 13/16 wrench for the switches I have for spares and the one on my truck takes a 1" or maby a little bigger..Anyway I removed the old switch and noticed that the threaded part that screws into the master cylinder was a lot smaller then the threaded end on my new switches :freaked: :banghead: ...So I proceeded to re-install my old switch and bleed the master cylinder but now I'm still w/o brake lights...I don't know why they just have a contact switch on the brake pedal or something...Anyway I guess I will have to try and find the correct pressure switch or rig up a contact switch..Any help would be greatly appreciated..

MVtrucker

Unplug the wires from the switch and jump them to see if you get brake lights. If so, the switch is defective. I think that I have a correct switch NOS $29.00 + UPS. You can just go to an auto parts store and get a generic 12 volt brake light switch. Yes, it'll work on 24 volt, but you lose the waterproof connection. Make sure that you get the right size so it'll screw in.

fredrader

I just posted a pic of the one on my truck..If you have one I'll take it [thumbzup] Let me know if you have the right one and how you want paid etc...My zip is 45342...Thanks,Fred

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fred, the switches you have appear to be the air op brake switches, not the fluid operatec switches.

fredrader

Exactly what I just discovered while looking thru the manuals...I wish I had the kit to change mine over but as long as I can get mine working with the new fluid switch it will be fine...Thanks for the heads up [thumbzup] ...I still can't find the fluid switch in my manuals though...I'll keep looking..

fredrader

I went to AutoZone and bought a brake light switch and rigged up a temp fix for my brake light problem...

Switch $7.00

Vice grip pliers (In The Tool Box)

Black tape (Shop Supplies)

Spot Mirror Bracket (From Junk Pile)

Having Brake Lights That Work (Priceless)

fredrader

Yea I didn't cut anything..I just pushed the connectors thru the original plug and inserted a wire and wrapped it around then pulled it back into the rubber plug..I just taped everything up in case the vice grips came off..I drove it about 70mi today and it didn't move a bit...I will just remove it once I receive the new OEM switch.. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks