• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Light Switch Blues Are Over

Garandfan

I have brake lights!!!!! I will be calling Saturn tomorrow about the bad NOS switch because it kept my brake lights on no matter what I did. I have the Napa version now, but it's not P/N ECH SL133 discussed in previous posts, its ECH SL134. I installed it and the lights worked but then stayed on. I noticed the brake pedal did not have any pedal plat 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It was hard all the way to the floor. I figured I would check the MC just to be thorough. The fluid raised and lowered slightly. I then loosened up the bleeder, no air, but fluid was coming out steadily. I wondered why I had pressure. So I began digging in the TM. I went through the whole brake pedal adjustment process. I figured out when I had to make final adjustments, I didnt have to remove the clevis pin, the cotter pin or the return spring to adjust the pedal. Just needed to loosen the jam nut and adjust. After all said and done at 1 AM EST, I finished with fully functioning lights again.The pedal was so out of adjustment that if had enough pressure to keep the light on...few things I learned. I hate the return spring, I hate putting the protection plate back on, and I hate working on gravel at night, especially when you lose a bolt. I will be calling NAPA tech to see what the psi rating is and if dot 5 is compatible. I will also be callin Saturn to see what they can do about the switch. If they give me my money back, I'll convert to air. If not, I'll get a NOS switch and install and have the NAPA one as a back up, I cycled the brakes about 50 times and they worked every time. thanks to all those who helped. Special thanks to monkeyboyarmy (Greg)... If it weren't for him, I would not have a Deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks