• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake light switch ?

Vfflang

Gentlemen

Where can i find the brake light switch for the rear brakes ..
I have running lights in the rear but no brake lights

Can i buy the switch from NAPA if so does anyone know the part number

Thanks

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Vfflang

Ok found the switch it the upgrade seem not to be working ...how do i get it off seem to be in a tight space any ideas ? Thanks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Bypass the switch wires, the brake lights should stay on, if they do , the switch is bad, if the lights do not come on then it is WIREING, be sure your LIGHT dash switch is set in the CORRECT position

Vfflang

Lights work now how do i get the switch off its seem to be a tight space do i need to drop one side or the whole thing to get it off

Vfflang

Thank you to everyone. I was able to fix the brake switch today I removed the bad one today and replace it with a new one. I was able to picked one up from Autozone. I rigged a universal switch with a brushing and the rest is history its about $8-9 dollars to make, here a photo.

Last edited:

Jakob

Jakob,

Please read the warning DogHead posted just before yours. You can try Brake Light Air Operated Switch Upgrade Kit For M35A2, 12255668 . I see that they are out of stock, but you can look around and get one from the other supply houses.

4x
That isn't what I was talking about, I've already caught the warning as well, thank you though.

What I was asking about was using a Chevy brake light switch on the brake pedal instead of the Deuce switch on the air pack.

dw9339

I called several places and found two who had the entire kit in stock. One was $85 and one $55. Here is the link for the cheaper kit:
UCOM #7006 Stoplight Switch Kit
If you want to order from UCOMINC, you need to call them directly, and note they open and close early, I believe 5-2:30 EDT.

The only issue is that the kit I received does not have the instructions I've seen referenced on the site that sometimes come with the replacement kit.

Does anyone know what TM has the work instructions to install the replacement kit? Maybe it was posted earlier, but I have not found it to date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks