• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake light won't go out

realm

Anyone know how to adjust the brake pedal?

Here's the problem... brake engages and disengages properly, but when totally disengaged the pedal itself falls about a 1/4" which is enough to setoff the brakelight. If I lift the pedal up that 1/4", the light goes out. Let go... light comes on.

Looking underneath, it doesn't look like that play in the pedal pulls the actual brake cable at all, but there is like a little metal tab I see up further that the pedal hits, and I'm guess this is what controls the brakelight. (but I could be wrong).

Anyone know how to adjust that so my pedal dis-engaged doesn't drop and setoff the light?

Thank you.

Wolf.Dose

This is a problem of the brake light swich adjustment, which is also the rest of the brake padel. This shwich is adjustable with the setting of the distance/clearence to the brake padel. Usually to my experiance the brake light switch in the series is not the very best and normally needs simple adjustment.
If adjustment does not help, replace the shwich by a new one from the local Chevy dealer. It is a standard part.
Wolf from Germany

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks