• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake lights problems

need some help on one of my m1028 trucks . no brake lights , have all other
lights . back up, running light, turn signal , what could it be ,getting voltage out of the 6 pin pig tail in 2 places yellow and dark green wires . i know the bulbs are good fuses are good and the wire harness is good all connections are good . i was told it could be a turn signal switch . please help

cpw

Perhaps the brake light switch at brake pedal? Had to replace mine last weekend. Put a short piece of rubber tubing over the new one while I was at it - keeps the brake pedal from bottoming out the switch but short enough to trip it off and on.

Wolf.Dose

As CPW said, the brake light swich. Sometimes, the swich is used to adjust the pedal frwee travel, so the contact can not close woith a full breaking. Mine had the problem. So turn the brake light swich back that the contact can close. In 99 % of all cases that hepls.
Wolf
Warthog, I answer this even you think I' just a German.....

rnd-motorsports

Yes the brake light switch! there is two wires one hot the other is supply for brake lights If you check switch and have power in and power out with switch closed (pedal pussed) then next you will want to check the plug on the steering colume then the turn signal switch .

Wolf.Dose

Warthog,
think, you are not a German any more, you have undoubfully German ancestors. That's it. However, this was beyond your influance. So I can forgive you for that. Do not forget, it was only one vote that the language in the US is English and not German.
The thing with the beer might be difficult. I visit the US on bussiness trips only. Else nothing pulls me there. In this month I have to do my 4th trip this year, out of in total 32 so far, next year in the first quarter of the year another 2. And these one week trips are not realy something you want to do to your health.
I'm expecting at least an other 25 trips until I can retire.

To your information, I'm here in Germany the motor vehicle expert who knows the most about US, British, French and else MV and I try to help everybody with my posts.
And sometimes, I do not understand, that you over there in the US look for NAPA part numbers, when you can find the part numbers in shops like Fleets Farm Market, Walmart or simelar. Just run trough the catalouges which are available, ask the personel to order the parts you need. I tried it, it is possible and they will serve you. Just bought 4 oil filter for little money at Walmart for the 6.2 l Diesel. But you MUST be able to read the catalouges! I even found in Mai in Fleets the civilian number for M715 spark plugs in the available catalouge. My question for availability was answered: Needs about one week. Was to late for me, however available. O.K. I did not test it, to short stay. Else I would have ordered 30 plugs.
I could ad more, but that will fill to much space/time.
Wolf

Mudstone

i learned today that even though a switch checks out working... it may still be the problem. I checked the switch and it was operating properly according to the tester. Once i replaced it my brake lights worked.