• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake lights stay on

sandman7655

Any ideas,bad switch,grounded wire.just trying to figure out.Gonna order new switch,one was missing, my truck has two of them .it has dual brake system.All help appreciated

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would start by pulling the plugs off the switches. If they go out after pulling one of them, you found your issue. Is your system on the wet side or on the air side?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The switch is just a normally open switch. It could have crud stuck in it or anything. I would see if the brake lights go out when you pull the plug.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
bet the truck was switched from wet switch to dry (air), the one that is hanging is the old wet one, I would dink with the switch that is in the air side

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somehow that switch arrangement does not sound right. If you have a split brake system, you have a 1986 or newer truck. Should they have had the hydraulic brake light switch at all, or always the air operated one? A few pictures would help.

Military - so anything is possible. An air pack might have been replaced with an older used part at some point that happened to have a switch in it...who knows.

Dual brake system owners might be able to chime in.