• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake line axle to wkeel part #

stumps

Looking for a part number for this stainless steel braided covered line??? alot better then the rubber ones. its on a M35a2 this is how it came from the depot.
Thanks
That looks just like the ss braided hose that is used for water connections... I wonder?

It might be worth a trip to Home Depot.

-Chuck

stumps

On second thought, the braid on the SS brake hose is a much finer weave than any on the water hoses...

The only advantage to the SS braid is it is unlikely to be cut by off road debris. The pressure in a hydraulic brake system is trivial by hydraulic standards. The usual hose is a dacron braid reinforced rubber hose.

I've seen those hoses somewhere... JC Whitney, or perhaps at a vehicle show flea
market?

-Chuck

phantomjeep

Looked at the lines on that site , do resemble the type on my truck. Any other SS members have this style on there MV , and if so what truck ( M35, M818 etc) do you have . the gov had to have a NSN number for this. Keep the info comming ,it sure looks like a better upgrade. The rubber ones are dry rotted and need to go.

mudguppy

Looked at the lines on that site , do resemble the type on my truck. ... the gov had to have a NSN number for this. Keep the info comming ,it sure looks like a better upgrade. The rubber ones are dry rotted and need to go.
what are you asking for - you need more? or do you just want an NSN for them? i don't understand; if you want more, just match then ends and lengths from the site.

phantomjeep

iT'S not rocket science ,I could just custom order lines, or find what is already made and in use.
why redesign the wheel. Don't think the motor pool custom ordered them. Like all the other parts there has to be a number to order one.

stumps

iT'S not rocket science ,I could just custom order lines, or find what is already made and in use.
why redesign the wheel. Don't think the motor pool custom ordered them. Like all the other parts there has to be a number to order one.
Probably so, but I would have to hear of more than one truck with the lines before I would come to that conclusion. Has anybody else seen these lines on a deuce?

The military has a habit of labeling parts like that. Usually there will be a paper part number label covered over with a piece of clear teflon shrink tubing.

It is possible that the motor pool was out of the proper lines, or they were evaluating the SS lines and just ordered up a few for trial. They certainly are cheap enough.

-Chuck

phantomjeep

Thanks Chuck

Yes this is why I posted here. With hundreds of deuces and SS members. If there is another deuce out there, or is this one as you said, just a test truck. If it's a one-of-a-kind I'll pull it off and order replacements from the site listed. Posting the pic's with the line's intact from the gov ,is also info. for all to see.

stumps

They look like just what I need for my deuce. My right line got itself tucked beneath the turning stop bolt, and got a nice chewing. I think it might be wise to replace it at this point ;-)

Does anybody know what the connector ends are supposed to be? I'd rather not tear mine down and then have to wait some weeks for this guy to build up a set.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks