• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake line, Fuel Filter Base, Transmission Rear Seal and Radiator Leak

ssdvc

Ok, the truck was sitting for two weeks and I noticed three (OK, four, but I knew about one) very separate puddles under her.

First I found that the brake line "block" on top of the rear diff was leaking..a lot. A quick and careful turn of the wrench looks to have fixed that. Funny how that fixed my mushy brake pedal feel !!:shock::doh:

Second, I discovered a leaking fuel filter base. I'd have to go to NAPA and get a new filter and, most likely some base parts to fix it right. OR, I could swap out the stock base and put in the FM100 base and filter setup I bought a long time ago. Any thoughts on the direction I should lean?

Third, I noticed that the rear seal on my trans is leaking. My question is how hard is that to replace? Looks like I need to pull the driveshaft, then the seal. Is it that simple?

I will be getting a radiator here shortly, as I have a slow leak on the passenger side and I need to get to it before it gets bad, or worse, leaves me stranded. I will be adding a hummer X-over pipe, a new stat and a water temp sensor when I swap that out.

Summer Fun !!8):grin::cool:

cucvrus

Radiator is warranted. The rear out put seal is a 15 minute job 9449 is the National Brand seal number. Use a small chisel and strike the flange of the seal outward towards the rear. Grab the flange edge with a vise grip and strike the vise grip. Seal out. With a seal driver or a mallet drive a new seal in place. I add a bit of the right stuff to the flange and some grease to the rubber of the seal. Filter base. You know my thoughts on that. I have fixed a few with $0. out of pocket and they work forever. But do as you wish. Good Luck. Easy stuff here. Have a great day Scott. I am still looking at the M1009 you have for sale. Someone wants it. I need for information on the engine smoke.

ssdvc

Thanks for the info on the trans seal Rick. I didn't think it was that tough a job, but I wanted to make sure. And yes, I know your thoughts on the fuel filter, that is why I am on the fence about the swap out.

I'll PM my office number to you. Give me a call in the AM. I am usually there by 0615 at the latest. Funny you mentioned her. I went and fired her up on Sunday, after she was sitting for months. Two cranks and she started right up. The smoke is heavy with diesel, really thick. No power and she runs rough, but she does run.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks