• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Line Pressure

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know the max working brake line pressure in a Deuce using DOT5? I found a company that will fabricate the rear rubber brake lines. :?:

Thanks!

rlwm211

The master Cylinder creates in the vicinity of 450-500 PSI

The airpack increases this to between 1600-2000 PSI.

I am looking in my resources to see where I found this information and I will post that once I have found it.

Edit:

Commercially available brake pressure testing tools use 2000 PSI gauges.

Still looking for where I read the information that I posted a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

Boatcarpenter

rlwm,

Cranetruck posted that one time. He even had a pictire of a gauge in the line showing
the 1600 PSI or so.
If I were a good searcher I would try to find the thread.
BC

rlwm211

I think that is where I saw it. Thanks for the reminder. I did search for the thread and could not find it either. If anything that should be on the Deuce FAQ page so people understand what the brake system has to do on these trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks