• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake liners

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that I have a few spares and a new one to go by, I was planning to go to Franklin Truck Parts and see if they have a lining that is comprable.

acetomatoco

Fiind an old guy running a brake shop and he will reline the old shoes for you... I have 6 wheels worth of linings and rivits at home... for $60 plus UPS... however I am in Florida til the snow melts and the linings are in VT..so if ya don't need em until April or so....I can help ya. pm to rampartsllc@aol.com

George

Rebel, not many people "reline" the old brake shoes anymore. It is much cheaper to reline, especially if you don't count your time as money. Knocking out the old rivets is easy. I open a vise about two inches and let the shoe sit over the opening. Use a center punch to knock out the rivets. That goes pretty fast. The problem is bradding the rivets. If you can find a brake rivet press the job takes minutes, but if you do it by hand it will take some patience and time. It is not a hard job and when bradding the rivets by hand a second set of hands is really needed.

M813A1

Brake Linings !! I am wondering if I should bid on a lot of brake linings ?? There is 63 linings up for bid P/N: R501 ( SR5014602RD ) I am not sure if these will work on a Duece or 5 Ton ?? Any body know if these will work on a 5 Ton or Duece ?? I'll consider bidding on them if they will work for any SS members trucks !!

rmgill

I had some linings redone for the dingo and they worked fine. I'm pretty sure the lining material wasn't hard to adapt for the function. They did a workman like job too.

M813A1

Well I am wondering what Vechile these brake linings P/N; R501 ( SR5014602RD) are for ?? If anyone knows what vechiles these linings go to ?? I'll bid on them !! If they work on the Deuce , 5 Ton , Or 10 Tons , and or Hemmits MV's !! Thanks

Last edited:

ems4ty

Down in my neck of the woods it was cheaper to just buy NOS ones from Saturn Surplus than to have the local brake guy re-line it at Trucparco... NOS ones are relatively cheap anyways...

-Tyler

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks