• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Lines

bigrigoperator

I took my m109 out on a memorial cruise with the local classic VW club I belong too.

As I was parking when I got home the brakes went straight to the floor with no application. I did some trouble shooting and found that the hard line that runs to the front axle under the radiator has rusted out and failed.

Does anyone know the size i should replace it with? I plan on getting some stainless line in bulk and replacing all the lines on the truck.

Also i know the line from the master to the air pack uses 1/2in fittings, are the rest of the fittings the same size (also need the thread pitch)?

Thanks all

dmetalmiki

That shows the necessity of checking under the trucks on a regular basis.
SAFETY WARNING.
Glad that did not happen to you on a freeway...

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's a deuce the lines from the "T" after the air pack to the front and rear are 5/16.The axle lines are 1/4".

Whatever the inverted flare nut size for each of these diameters is that is what you need. I don't remember the thread.

This place Fedhill has everything you need to do the job. I used the cunifer tubing they sell.

Attachments

jasonjc

I like to use the polyarmor from American grease stick , it comes in straight sticks with nut and flares or rolls. You can get it at Oreillys or auto zone.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If it's a deuce the lines from the "T" after the air pack to the front and rear are 5/16.The axle lines are 1/4".

Whatever the inverted flare nut size for each of these diameters is that is what you need. I don't remember the thread.

This place Fedhill has everything you need to do the job. I used the cunifer tubing they sell.
Nice diagram!

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter