• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake question on 809 series

Steamynachos

I have an 813a1 that hasn't had any work done on the brake system for some time anyone know what would be worth looking at or replacing. The truck seems to stop fine at low speeds but i would like to know what i should be checking for. I have filled the master cylinder and bled the brakes but what else should be looked at before going out and getting her up to full speed on a road.

jwaller

I replaced all 5 of my rubber lines just for fun. I don't like the idea of 30yr old rubber lines on a single circuit system truck that weights 25k lbs.

BEASTMASTER

once in a while take it somewhere and go about 20 miles an hr and jump on the brakes. i was towing my p/u one day , went to slow down for a corner and pedal went right to the floor. always get ready to pull the emergency. had to do it a few times already. almost done replacing all the lines now.

groundog

I re-placed all wheel cylinders/rubber brake lines and a new master cylinder---my power steering pump is leaking---anyone ever install a new seal and if so what is the seal part nimber