• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake question

bigford

I'm finishing up a project where I put some 5 ton axles and t-case under a non-mil truck, and I'm down to figuring out which master cylinder to use. I want to go with the 5 ton and air assist. My question is this: Do the 5 tons have an air dryer or filter on the air system? My doner truck didn't have any brake parts left on it.
Thanks.

Bighurt

I think the A3 came with an air dryer, not sure if any of the 5 ton models had them. Either way I don't see any harm adopting either to one or the other. These are very flexible vehicles in regards to what can be done.

bigford

Thanks for the info. I suspected they didn't have any but had no way to verify. Probably put an auto drain on the tanks and be done with it.
Thanks again.

jwaller

939 series 5ton trucks have auto driers and alcohol systems. you can install the alcohol system very easily to any of these old trucks.