• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake replacement part: what is this thing? [m1009]

HelluvaEngineer

One of these came with my drum brake spring replacement kit and also with the adjuster kit. It's just a generic K5 brake kit. Any idea what it's for? I can't find a match anywhere. Wondering if it's some kind of assembly-only retainer clip?? Thanks in advance, guys.

IMG_20200203_164359014.jpg

HelluvaEngineer

OK, so lack of response I'm interpreting as no one else has any ideas? Thinking this will go in a baggy somewhere as I'm about to reassemble the brakes. Thanks again everyone who looked.

Greasy

OK, so lack of response I'm interpreting as no one else has any ideas? Thinking this will go in a baggy somewhere as I'm about to reassemble the brakes. Thanks again everyone who looked.
Those are dust covers that "Pop" into the brake adjusting slot on the backing plate. These push in the slot on the outside. Will try to find a picture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks