• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes "bucking" after stopped

SausageGuy

When I stop hard at a light truck settles then surges"bucks". Not if i stop regular just if a hard stop. Figure it is one of the brake relay valves that I am not familiar with yet.
Seeing if someone can point me in right direction.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Are you sure its not driveline related? Sometimes the throttle assembly on first gen trucks takes a bit more time to come back to rest position. I usually have to add better springs to the throttle return.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe too high idle and the trans doesn't shift until stopped. Try lifting the go-pedal with your toe before you stop.

SausageGuy

It is usually when a light changes and I can not make it thru light type stops.
I can try stronger springs on throttle.
Definately not cab air ride. If I am not on brakes hard it wants to push truck forward a couple feet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks